Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gas Prices Making You Think?

Have gas prices made you change when it comes to driving? Years ago in the mid 1990's when I had my own business, I was paying about $800 per month on fuel. Today that would translate into about $1600.  Wow that is a lot of money.

Today I don't drive for my business but I'm very cognizant of my personal fuel costs for my car. I've changed.  I wouldn't buy a vehicle with a large V8 engine in it. In fact the VW turbo diesels and the Toyota Hybrids are very appealing. Imagine driving 1100 Kms on one tank of fuel for $100. This price is with today's fuel costs.

I like to drive and don't want to go to the poor house to do so.  If my vehicle produces less pollution and gives great gas mileage then I'm happy.

Oddly enough I know people who will go out of their way to find a "sporty"and "powerful" vehicle that sucks gas like an alcoholic sucks booze. Burnouts are their specialty. These same people complain about not getting ahead financially. Well you and I know the answer. Stop driving something that is killing your finances and harming the environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment